Provided by ABC News
Fire Destroys Barn In Carthage
Posted by news on 10/21/2017 6:13:00 AM.

A large barn was destroyed Friday morning in Carthage.

Lewis County Fire Officials report that firefighters from 8 departments were called to State Route 126 shortly after 8 a.m. to property owned by Hans Vanderveeken. The barn was engulfed in flames when crews arrived on the scenne. 1 minor injury was reported & was treated at the scene. The cause is believed to be spontaneous combustion of hay.

Fire, Carthage, Spontaneous Combustion